So What Can A Coach Do For You?
Eric Schmidt, the former Executive Chairman of Google, was quoted advising that new CEOs would do well too “hire a coach.” He went on to say, “once I realized I could trust him (the coach) and that he could help me with perspective, I decided this was a great idea…”
A coach enhances your natural ability. A coach helps you see and do what you can’t see and do on your own. As your strategic partner, a coach can help you make your goals and dreams a reality.
A coach can help you…
- Define your current reality by helping you consider – What is my present situation? Where am I headed?
- Clarify your vision and goals. Many people continually react to their current reality rather than living and working with purpose. A coach will first lead you to define what success looks like to you so you can set goals toward achieving it.
- Identify roadblocks to your vision. This requires that you acknowledge and address areas of comfort and familiarity (blind spots) that are commonly overlooked as barriers to your success.
- Test your thinking, opinions, conclusions, and behavior. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same things and thinking the same way while expecting different results.
- Establish accountability by helping you evaluate -Am I making progress? Am I growing? Am I accomplishing my vision? Many get off track because they confuse intent or activity with progress. A coach helps you accomplish what you set out to accomplish.
So who do you have to coach you, to ask you the tough questions on a regular basis?
Experience for yourself the benefits of executive coaching. Call us at 216-295-0770 for a no cost, no obligation, exploratory coaching session.